Noah Watson is a communication designer currently located in Chicago, IL. He recently graduated with a BFA in Communication Design from the College for Creative Studies. Noah is currently working as a designer at GrandArmy in NYC, as well as freelancing for clients such Netflix, HIGHSNOBIETY, & Mattel Toys.
His practice focuses on branding and identity systems, typography, and motion design, with a more lighthearted focus on painting, textile design, and experimenting with time based media.
- Highsnobiety X Mattel Toys
- Lead animator & VFX artist for a short documentary series spotlighting iconic artists from around the world.
- 04.01.2021—Current Chicago. IL. (REMOTE)
- VSA Partners— Designer
- Working as a part of a team to conceive and execute unique solutions within the discipline of both branding and campaign based work.
- Life Remodeled—
Coordinated a team of three to develop and implement a brand identity system for Life Remodeled—a Detroit based non-profit committed to revitalizing Detroits neighborhoods and improving quality of life.
- 05.20.2020—8.20.2020 Brooklyn NY. (REMOTE)
Collaborated daily with designers and strategists. Worked on brand identities, case studies, brand strategy, and internal creative projects.
- 01.20.2020—05.20.2020 Det. MI.
To celebrate 25 years of InsideOut, a team of 16 designers, including myself, designed custom typography to compliment an identity system revolving around Detroit’s youth writers and poets.
- 12.19.2019—05.20.2019 Det. MI.
- Imaging Center—
The Imaging Center is a printing resource offered at CCS, providing an array of services from printing on laser, plotter and ink jet to binding and stack-cutting.
- 04.18.2018—08.18.2018 Det. MI..
- CCS Summer Expierence— Teachers Assistant
Administered help to teachers during CCS’s summer experience. Managed students needs, teaching students ages 8-18 skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, and Photography.